Saturday, August 25, 2012

De Lima Congratulates Newly Appointed Chief Justice Sereno

Justice Secretary Leila de Lima congratulates the newly appointed Supreme Court Chief Justice, Maria Lourdes Aranal Sereno. Chief Justice, Sereno took her oath of office before President Aquino in MalacaƱang on Saturday morning.

"I congratulated her and I said that the Supreme Court will now be in good hands," de Lima told reporters.

"Her youth and brilliance would go a long way in ensuring that we can look forward to a judiciary that would be worthy of the people's trust," de Lima added.

The Justice Secretary said that she bears no hard feelings with anyone when the Judicial and Bar Council disqualified her from the shortlist of nominees for the position of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

"I have no rancor or whatsoever. I just said my piece when the JBC decided to disqualify me. I always try to be honest with my feelings. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. But that's it. After saying my piece, OK lang, no rancor. No rancor at the moment,” said the Justice Secretary.

Related Posts







0 comments:

Post a Comment