Thursday, August 23, 2012

FYI: Roaming Hoax Email

People, beware of an email asking for help, specially if it's for financial assistance.

I got this email from an Edwin Bautista this morning titled "Awful Trip..Help Needed" it read:

Hello,

I really hope you get this soon as i am writing you in a tensed mood. I traveled down to Spain for an important program in Madrid and unfortunately for me the hotel i lodged got caught-up by fire. All my valuables including cash and cell phones were destroyed during the inferno and the hotel's phone line was also disconnected. I will explain details when i return Please i need your financial assistance to relocate to another hotel and also arrange for my traveling documents. Kindly lend me 2,500 Euros and I promise to refund once i get back. Western Union Money Transfer seems to be the quickest means to receive money here. Please send to my name on the details below;
Name: Edwin Bautista
Address: C Escalinata, 17 Local Bajo
Madrid, 28013, Spain

Please write back the receiver's details or the transfer receipt as soon as you have the money wired. Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,
Edwin.

If you got this same or related email please comment below. And I hope nobody fell to this deceitful act. Good day everyone.

Here is a screenshot of the email:


Related Posts







0 comments:

Post a Comment